Current Volunteer Opportunities
1. Substitute drivers needed to cover routes for drivers who are on vacation or for some other reason are unable to deliver their route. This is done between the 7th and 14th of each month and could be in the following areas: Marion, Hiawatha or any quadrant of Cedar Rapids. Time varies from about a 1/2 hour to an hour per route. If interested please specify if you are interested in all delivery areas or a specific area. This is done on an as needed basis.
1. We are looking for someone to pick up incoming donations from various places M-F from 8-5 in Cedar Rapids, Marion or Hiawatha on an as needed basis. You would pick up the donations, take them to our storage facility, inventory them and put them away in the appropriate location.
2. We are looking for individuals to pick up large donations in Davenport, Ft. Dodge and possibly Clinton on an as needed basis M-F between 8 and 5. This would require driving a 16′ to 26′ rental truck. You would also need to be able to help unload the truck with other volunteers. We typically pick up large donations 2-4 times a year.
1. Individuals needed to help plan fund raising and marketing events.
2. Individuals needed to work at fund raising and marketing events.
3. Individuals needed to help advertise our events. This would include taking posters to area businesses and hanging posters on bulletin boards.
If you’d like to volunteer in any way, simply call us at 319-365-6201 or email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org today!